Stellenbosch Ride and Wine Tour
Join us for a day of exploring Stellenbosch and visiting wine estates – on two wheels! Our tour follows a mostly-flat, paved route and is suitable for all fitness levels. Guests choose between our town bikes or mountains bikes and enjoy a scenic cruise through residential Stellenbosch and the historic centre before visiting stunning wine estates for a cellar tour and wide range of tastings. Choose from our guided tour starting from Ride in at 8:30am, or the self-guided option and take the tour at your own pace!
Bike rental with helmet, guide, water and snack, wine tastings at 3 locations, 1 cellar tour and entrance to Glass Museum
- Arrive at Ride In by 8:30pm. Bike fitting and optional coffee or breakfast at our café (extra cost)
- After an introduction and safety briefing with your guide, depart Ride In and learn the history of Stellenbosch as you cruise through some of the most affluent areas of the city and into the historic centre. Take a quick break for photos and snacks on famous Church Street, before continuing through the university campus and crossing into Idas Valley for our first wine estate
- Arrive at Glenelly Wine Estate for an informative cellar tour and visit of their Glass museum (included). Then it’s up to their modern tasting room for a guided tasting of their French-style wines with stunning views of the vineyards and mountains
- Next we continue on to the iconic Lanzerac Estate, a true pioneer of Stellenbosch wine. Enjoy an intimate tasting experience in their historic tasting room
- From Lanzerac, its just a short ride past beautiful vineyards back to Ride In, where you’ll enjoy a final tasting from Thelema Wines on our mountain view patio. Option to stay for additional drinks or lunch (discounted for wine tour guest). Tour ends approx. 1:30pm.
Self-guided tours include bike rental with helmets, water, snack, route map and vouchers for 3 tastings, we can also provide you with a google link for your phone which will give you all the directions you need.
Please note the self-guided option does not include the guide or cellar tour. Depart at your leisure, and return bikes anytime before 4pm (same day).
Is half a day just not enough? Would you like your tour to include gourmet meals, chocolate pairings, and more? We also offer additional tour types for small or large groups, including longer tours in the surrounding areas. Options include Franschhoek, Simonsberg, Devon Valley, and more. To request a custom tour, please email email@example.com
Please book your tour online using our easy booking engine below. Please note there are different bike types available, please select your preferred type when booking. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Tour with Us?
Scenic, paved route accessible to all fitness levels
Range of bikes to choose from – town bikes or mountain bikes, with the option to upgrade to carbon road bikes
Our friendly guides provide interesting commentary en route, educating you on the history of Stellenbosch and the wine industry of the Western Cape
Taste wines from 3 distinct areas – Idas Valley, Jonkershoek Valley, and Banhoek Valley!
Option to start or end your tour with delicious coffee, food or freshly-baked sweets at our charming farm-based café
Guests must be age 18 or older to participate in the wine tastings
Guests will be required to sign indemnity forms before the ride, and are responsible for their own well-being. Helmet use is mandatory while riding. Please drink responsibly.
Ride In is located on the outskirts of Stellenbosch town, 5 minutes from the centre by car. Transfers are available from central Stellenbosch, please request at the time of booking.
Our tour route is approximately 15kms over mostly-flat, paved surfaces, ridden at a relaxed pace with several stops, and is suitable for most guests, even non-cyclists. If you have concerns or questions about accessibility, please contact us.